Sunday, September 20, 2015

PATIENTS MUST BE ALERT OR THEY COULD CUT OFF THE WRONG LEG

 
Ottawa Citizen

At the top of the list of errors are things like doctors operating on the wrong body part or patient, carrying out the wrong surgery and forgetting medical equipment in patients. #health
 
Toxic gas, accidental burns and surgeries gone wrong: A look at medical mistakes in Canada

OTTAWACITIZEN.COM|BY ,ALIA DHARSSI, NATIONAL POST STAFF

Phyllis Carter -  In Montreal a few weeks ago, I was in an ambulance enroute to hospital. The tech asked me if I have any allergies. I gave her the short list including "iodine." At the hospital, the triage nurse asked the same questions. I answered the same way. "Iodine." In the room at emergency, a young doctor came to see me. I told him I am allergic to iodine. As I was lying in the CT scanner, the tech said, "I am going to start injecting the iodine into your IV now".

No comments: