Sunday, April 4, 2010

DON'T MAKE PATIENTS PAY FOR BEING SICK ! QUEBEC LIBERALS' BUDGET

FACEBOOK
 
Contre le budget 2010 du Parti Libéral
 
April 4, 2010
 
Phyllis Carter

This budget is unacceptable because health care is the most vital service we have. It is about sickness and suffering, life or death. As soon as a government starts to bleed the common folks to cover for government mistakes, mismanagement and misdeeds, we will be on the road to big trouble.

As usual, it will be the most vulnerable, the weakest, the most helpless citizens and their families who will suffer, while drug companies will continue to charge and spend millions of dollars on advertising and marketing to butter up their buyers instead of investing in needed research.

The pharmaceutical companies are largely responsible for the high costs of health care, and government is their accomplice because it does not legislate honestly.

The Government of Canada, supported by Quebec and the other provinces, should pass legislation without further delay to make it illegal for drug companies to bribe doctors, CEO's and others with all manner of lavish gifts and perks in order to sell their products.

Bleeding patients and their families is one of the ugliest of crimes, comparable to raping the innocent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis:

I am writing to express my admiration for your willingness to seek truth and justice in a world that has turned more narcisstic.
I myself has faced the lonely battle for justice and integrity which labels you a trouble maker.
I have been reading your blogs and each one resonates with the truth that I am always seeking. People who are comfortable do not want to rock the boat they are happy if their lives are not affected. I wish you well with your cancer battle and myself at 57 years old was diagnosed with a brain tumour this past March. My concern is my health yet I will always express my opinion when there is an injustice and I am alone among the sheep.

Luv Linda Z

Phyllis Carter said...

Hello Limda,

I just came across your comment and I want to thank you so much for writing. I write about injustice day and night. When I am not writing, I am thinking about it. It means so much to me to hear that someone is actually reading what I write because I am not writing for myself alone. The things I write about, care about, apply to thousands of people.

I was sad to hear that you are also struck with illness. It is a very difficult thing to experience. Friends can make the struggle easier.

If you would like to keep in touch, just leave me a message.

My sincere best wishes,

Phyllis Carter