Monday, January 25, 2016

MORAL COURAGE - REFORMIST MUSLIMS PROMOTE A SANE ISLAM

Recently, I spoke to a large audience and received this q: "I was a pre-9/11 staunch Liberal Democrat. After almost 15 years of radical Islamic terror, I find myself detesting the Muslim faith... I hate the way I feel. Any suggestions?"
My response: "Focus on what social scientists call 'the bright spots': those Muslims who offer solutions rather than excuses. Who are the solution Muslims? Reformist Muslims. By keeping us top of mind, you're feeding off aspiration rather than anger; hope instead of fear. You're being constructive even as you're being critical."
I then gave him the link to all the videos on Moral Courage TV that feature reformist Muslims. Please share the solution. We're in this struggle together.

No comments: