Saturday, January 16, 2016

EXPO '67 - TRAVEL THROUGH HISTORY TV


Finally, our Montreal episode is up and ready to view!
We went inside the pipe organ at the Notre Dame Basilica. We learned about the 1967 Montreal Expo at the Biodome, and the Biosphere (the giant ball that inspired Disney's Epcot ball). Then, we went below the city at the Pointe-a-Calliere Archaeology museum, and danced the night away at the largest outdoor French musical festival, the FrancoFolies de Montreal. Visit Montréal / Visitez Montréal
Phyllis Carter  - We will never forget Expo '67. It was an exciting, fascinating, pleasurable experience.

Travel Thru History Were you there? That's so cool.

Phyllis Carter  > Travel Thru History - I was there almost every day and evening. I worked in the Canadian Tartans Shop near the Russian Pavilion across from the U.S. Biosphere. I spent time in almost every pavilion and gift shop and enjoyed the wonderful restaurants. I bathed my feet in the pool in front of the Iran Pavilion with Hari Krishnas and chatted with people from all over the world amid the gardens. I brushed shoulders with celebrities like Danny Kaye and challenged Charles de Gaulle in front of hundreds of people at Place des Nations. The music, the aromas, the sights were breath taking. The last day was raining and so sad. I will never forget.

1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...


I CHALLENGED CHARLES DE GAULLE IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AT PLACE DE NATIONS, EXPO '67 -
LET MY PEOPLE SIT !
http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.ca/2010/09/charles-de-gaulle-et-moi-let-my-people_10.html