Friday, June 24, 2016

INSANITY RULES


Life was so simple when I was young. Roy Rogers sang lovely ballads with the Sons of the Pioneers. He had beautiful pistols but he never shot anyone, and he always left the girls pure and happy. And he was the same in real life - a good Christian gentleman to the end. And I believed in him.
 
I kind-of believed in Barack Obama too. Recently, I sort-of believed in Bernie Sanders - quite a lot. But he will sell out too.
 
I am such a fool. Such a dreamer. Such a relentless romantic. I still believe someone will come along and save this cruel, corrupt, insane, wicked world.
 
So I still sing while I wash my dishes - All day I faced a barren waste, without a taste of water .... I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me .... Nobody hears me.
 
So I write, hoping that somewhere in the world ....
 
PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL - It is all about Justice - http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com.

No comments: