Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A DADDY SLAMMED HIS LITTLE GIRL INTO A PILLAR TODAY


A DADDY SLAMMED HIS LITTLE GIRL INTO A PILLAR IN THE LOBBY OF THE JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL IN MONTREAL LATE THIS AFTERNOON. 

She was a pretty little girl, about four years old. She didn't cry out. But I saw her slammed into the pillar as the man pulled her along - and I called out - "Your little girl just slammed into that pillar!" 

The man didn't stop until I called out a second time. Then he looked back at me and kept walking, the child still holding onto his right hand. Not crying. I wonder if she will have a black eye tonight. 

Some people should not be parents. A distracted daddy might have made that awful mistake, but having been alerted to it, you would expect him to stop and see if the child was hurt. This man just kept walking, tugging the child along.

Just a few moments earlier I was buying some pastries at the counter of Second Cup. The man came in after me, pressing his whole body against the glass showcase, his curly headed little girl at his right before him, facing me. She was squashed between the man and the left wheel of my chair and the display case. She did not speak out. She didn't cry. But she had a bewildered expression on her face - like an animal in a cage. She stared at me. A strange expression, as if I were responsible for her situation. I said to the man, "Be careful. Your little girl is caught against the wheel. She could get hurt." And he answered, "She won't get hurt." And he did nothing. I didn't dare move the chair for fear of injuring the child.

Some people should not be parents.

No comments: