Wednesday, February 17, 2016

MASS MURDER IN MICHIGAN - GENERATIONS POISONED BY GREED


It's mass murder. Toxic water in Michigan will go on killing for years to come as so many have been incurably poisoned. Ironically, the victims are still paying taxes for the poison running from their faucets. Unions and communities have organized to help. And what is Nestle's doing? Draining their water for profit.

Phyllis Carter

Excerpt from DEMOCRACY NOW


MELISSA MAYS: I'm Melissa Mays from Water You Fighting For? And it's a play on words, so it's "Water," W-A-T-E-R, "You Fighting For?"
 
AMY GOODMAN: Melissa, do you live in Flint?
 
MELISSA MAYS: I do live in Flint.
 
AMY GOODMAN: How have you been affected by the poisoned water?
 
MELISSA MAYS: Well, all three of my sons are anemic now. They have bone pain every single day. They miss a lot of school because they're constantly sick. Their immune systems are compromised. Myself, I have seizures. I have diverticulosis now. I have to go in February 25th for a consultation on a liver biopsy. Almost every system of our bodies have been damaged. And I know that we're not the only one. I'm getting calls from people that are so sick, and they don't know what to do.
 
AMY GOODMAN: How old are your boys?
 
MELISSA MAYS: Eleven, 12 and 17. And they're wonderful kids, that they put forth all this effort to get straight A's, to get good grades. My oldest, it's little things that he seems to forget, like pluses and minuses, different words he can't - there's a brain fog that's settled on everybody

Democracy Now/ PBS

1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...

NESTLE'S IS DRAINING WATER FROM LAKE MICHIGAN - FOR FREE - AND SELLING IT AS BOTTLED WATER AROUND THE WORLD, INCLUDING TO THE VICTIMS. 200 gallons per minute being sucked out of the aquafer.