Friday, October 23, 2015

ANOTHER CHANCE TO LIVE - THANKS TO CANADA, MEDICARE, AND SOME GREAT DOCTORS.


In case anyone noticed the silence, I've been in hospital for a few weeks, seriously ill - in terrible pain. But miracle drugs appeared and I am home now and able to walk again with little pain. Almost brand new.

Amazing grace. If I had not been a Canadian, I would have died twenty years ago. 

Canada is not Stephen Harper. It's not Hillary. It's not bushes.

CANADA IS MEDICARE. MEDICARE IS LIFE. 

And so I live and breathe, and today I walked for the first time in weeks - and I have a handful of notes to guide me through long reports in the next two or three days, so watch my blog. 

And I have made a bunch of contacts with lovely people from all over the world - doctors, nurses, orderlies, ambulance techs, patients and their families, taxi drivers. I have encountered so many kind, helpful people - Black, White,Yellow - Pick a colour you like. Algerian, African, Chinese, Egyptian, Haitian, Francophone (telephone, what's with all these phones?) - Arabic - Muslim, Orthodox Coptic Christian.

Just got in and I haven't even taken my shoes off yet, but I wanted to make my return appearance here ASAP. I look forward to seeing many of my new friends on Facebook. I hope they can find me. Look for PHYLLIS MASS CARTER.

PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL - DEMANDING JUSTICE WORLDWIDE -http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com/

Last time I checked, more than 220,000 people around the world had read my blogs.

No comments: