Saturday, October 26, 2013

BLIND FAITH IS NOT FOR ME - DON'T EXPECT ME TO "CONFORM" OR TO "OBEY"

 
 
I am a Jew,
By birth, by tradition, by family -
Truly, deeply -
By blood and by borsht.
 
I am a Christian,
An honest to goodness,
Born again,
Baptized,
Christian.
 
I love Jesus -
 
The One called "Savior".
The One
Who is Kind and Gentle -
The Healer,
The Martyr,
The Teacher,
 
The Faithful Jew.
 
I pray
Night and day -
All day -
 And even in my sleep.
I pray.
 
But my God is not your God.
 
My God does not live in a building
Nor in a Book.
 
My God is the Unimaginable.
 
"He" ?
Can't be squeezed between book covers,
And "He" does not bow to any priest.
 
"He"
Started Everything
From nothing,
 
And
 
"He"
 Keeps the galaxies spinning in space,
And the atoms
Doing what atoms are supposed to do.
 
My question is not so much,
"Is there a God?"
 
It is only,
"Does God care about the individual?"
 
Are we the same to God
As the cockroaches
He also made?
 
Phyllis Carter
 
 on
 
Blind Faith
 
 

No comments: