Monday, April 4, 2011

MISSING CLIFF FOR NINETEEN YEARS

 
   
 
Stardust
And now the purple dusk of twilight time
Steals across the meadows of my heart;
High up in the sky the little stars climb
Always reminding me that we're apart.

You wander down the lane and far away,
Leaving me a song that will not die.
Love is now the stardust of yesterday,
The music of the years gone by.

Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song;
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you,
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration,
But that was long ago;
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song.

Beside a garden wall
When stars are bright,
You are in my arms.
The nightingale tells his fairy tale
Of paradise where roses bloom.

Though I dream in vain,
In my heart it will remain -
My stardust melody,
The memory of love's refrain.
 
March 25, 2011
 
In Memoriam
Nineteen Years
 
Night and day, you are the one.
 
Sheba
 
 

No comments: