Monday, January 17, 2011

MONTREAL POLICE TELL VICTIM TO HUNT THIEF

 
When Dawn McSweeney returned all my jewellery boxes - empty - in mid-March, 1997, the police at the Mariette station told me to go to the house and ask for my jewellery.
 
So I went to the house where I had lived for two years and where I had been robbed - and I stood on the icy steps pleading for my belongings and crying my heart out.
 
And Dawn McSweeney stood in the doorway and mocked me and laughed at me - and then she called the police. And those same two officers who had just told me to go to the house and ask for my jewellery quickly arrived at the house and told me to leave.
 
In the summer, I learned that Dawn had a friend who was operating a jewellery store on Prince Arthur, I reported that to Det.Sgt. Sylvie Laverdiere. She  told me to go out and investigate myself and report my findings to her.
 
So I drove out to Prince Arthur and made inquiries and I wrote a detailed report to Sylvie Laverdiere. Laverdiere went to the house and standing outside on the front steps, the detective asked Dawn McSweeney for my Borg coat. And Dawn McSweeney gave her my Borg coat. And Det. Sgt. Laverdiere never did another thing to recover all my belongings from the thief.
 

No comments: