Wednesday, January 19, 2011

THE POWER OF THE MEDIA OVER THE PUBLIC - CJAD TALK RADIO MONTREAL

 
I received the following email from Chris Bury of CJAD Talk Radio on January 19, 2011.
 
In a message dated 19/01/2011 8:52:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cbury@astral.com writes:
Hi Phyllis. As i mentioned this morning I would like you to remove the _Radio-CJAD  Press Release address from this group list. You can send your e-mails to me but you don't need to send them to everyone on CJAD staff. Please remove the group address or I will ask that your e-mails be blocked.
 
Thanks
 
Chris
 
To Chris Bury,
 
Which address are you referring to? I don't know which address you call the "CJAD Press Release address". I intended to cut all CJAD contacts from all my lists and communications. It was once a great radio station for the people, but things changed there a long time ago.
 
The threat that you will block my emails doesn't give a very professonal tone to the CJAD image. I know the talk show hosts cut people off when they disagree with the callers, so it wouldn't surprise me. That is why I - and others I know - stopped calling CJAD. It is insulting to be "cut off" just because the host has the power to do it at his fingertips - and the caller is left looking foolish for calling. The caller could be Albert Einstein, but the host has the button. If you choose to ignore me that is your choice, but it is hardly fair. I can live without CJAD. I have for many years. Can you live with the knowledge that you put people down if they dare to disobey you?
 
Phyllis Carter

No comments: