Wednesday, April 20, 2016

THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF ST. LUKE THE PHYSICIAN - HEALING - IF YOU CAN PAY


In the 1990's, I was inducted into the healing ministry of The International Order of St. Luke the Physician based in the southern U.S.A. in San Antonio, Texas. 
Our primary activity was to lay hands on people who needed help and pray for them. I was very invested in this sacred ministry. I cared very much. 

But one day an invoice came for the renewal of my membership dues. I was in dire circumstances and could not afford the $25.00 U.S. I offered to pay what I could, $10.00. I was refused. 

And so, by the love of Jesus, I was no longer fit to lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. 

Well, I've been thinking about that. I've decided that I am still a healer and if someone comes to me and asks for comfort, advice, hope, I will help in Jesus' name - as usual - for free.

No comments: