Saturday, August 15, 2015

DALAI LAMA SAYS WAR IS MONSTROUS - BUT THERE COMES A TIME ....


  • Phyllis Carter -  While it is true that War is hell and usually driven by the military establishment and oil interests for enormous profit, there are times when it is essential to fight against evil. And there is EVIL. We cannot stand by and watch innocent people, womenand children, being raped, murdered. If Winston Churchill had not fought Hitler when everyone - including the USA - chose to look the other way while millions of Jewish people were being butchered - we would all be speaking German today. But there would be no Jews, and Blacks would be slaves Sometimes we must fight or lie down and die.

    First they came for the communists, and I wasn't a communist, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me and, by that time, there was no one left to speak up. 
    Pastor Martin Niemoller .

  • John Barrett  - War is bad but is allowing innocents to die, aggressors to take you or your family's, friends and countrymens life or freedom not worse. Or should we just allow violent people with destructive intentions do what they want. 
  • Sagar Mahajan -  We all human's want peace not war

  • Phyllis Carter  - Sagar. You are right - all normal, decent, human beings, Black. White, Red, Yellow, Christian, Muslim, Jew - all who are flesh and blood and not insane - want to live in peace. But the majority of people are silent - either through lack of resources, lack of power, lack of education, lack of money, lack of health, or - so often - because of fear of reprisals from their community or police or government. That is why i write. Because, as a Canadian, I am still free to speak with my heart full of pain for all those who cannot speak... the living - and those already slaughtered by people who hate. Silence is the enemy of justice. When someone tells you to shut up, you can be sure they fear the truth.

No comments: