Saturday, March 17, 2012

I REMEMBER PATRICK FARNEY TODAY - METROPOLITAN NEWS - PEEL STREET, MONTREAL

 
 
 
 
I REMEMBER PATRICK FARNEY
of
Metropolitan News
 
I'm wondering if I might be the last person on earth who remembers Patrick Farney. It seems silly, but I can't imagine who else would even think of him, let alone remember him. All the more reason for me to write this piece,
 
 
 
 
My father, George Rubin, President,
Metropolitan News Agency,
1248 Peel Street,
Montreal,
Canada
 
My Pop served the public at Metro News,
Day and night,
In all kinds of weather,
For 37 years.
 
And Patrick Farney
Was at the corner
Selling newspapers.
 
 

1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...

I REMEMBER PATRICK FARNEY - I DOUBT THAT ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH DOES
http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.ca/2010/07/i-remember-patrick-farney_11.html