Tuesday, December 18, 2012

WEEP FOR THE WORLD - PRAY IF YOU WILL

 
 
How many helpless victims have to suffer
Before the people rise up against injustice ?
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgsWn5nWcF9jto0fapLs8UJbIk454hQa3MJBX8cgl_XKPrMVmR9LWTs6iKVDllqFSdGeWbvyIZvHit6L4CG8ICIJMHLJi9-rGSMCsYMYtZXlV3om30zNJ91_Z-GgIX_wAauE4RzaU1ZpbU/s1600/YGP21A1-719753.tmp 
 
How long can you count your money,
And contemplate your ipod -
 
Before you suddenly realize that
What has happened to others,
 
 
 
Is about to happen to you?
 
 
First they came for the communists,
And I didn't speak up,
Because I wasn't a communist.
 
Then they came for the Jews
And I didn't speak up
Because I wasn't a Jew.
 
Then they came for the trade unionists,
And I didn't speak up,
Because I wasn't a trade unionist.
 
Then they came for the Catholics,
And I didn't speak up,
Because I was a Protestant.
 
Then they came for me,
And by that time - 
 
There was no one left to speak up.
 
Pastor Martin Neimoller
World War II
 
How long can you be neutral and silent ?
 
Weep for the world,
Pray if you will.
 
Then get off your duff,
And do what you can
To make things better.
 
 

No comments: