Tuesday, December 4, 2012

AT THE END OF MY FATHER'S LIFE, THE MCSWEENEYS SHOWED THEIR CONTEMPT

 
During the many months prior to the summer of 2000 when my father's life ended, I visited my Pop in the Griffith McConnell Residence for a few hours almost every day. Only a winter storm or complete exhaustion caused me to miss a visit. I think I missed three days in all those months.
 
One evening, Dawn McSweeney's mother, my sister Debbie, showed up in the doorway of my father's little room with her family.
 
I was told to get out.
 
Rather than cause my father any stress, I picked up my coat and purse and left the room quietly. I waited in the hall until they left and then I went back.
 
This is the nature of the McSweeneys.
 
It was not the nature of my "baby" sister Debbie before she met Dawn's father, Ed McSweeney.
 
Debbie was a sweet, tender child, a truly innocent kid who suffered from obesity from early childhood. To the best of my knowledge, she never had any friends.
 
When Ed McSweeney entered her life, we lost Debbie. It was the beginning of the end of my family. The results of that union culminated in the robbery by Debbie and Ed's daughter, Dawn McSweenery - the robbery that tore our family apart. And there was more.
 

No comments: