Friday, December 7, 2012

ELECTROHOME TV SCREEN PROBLEM - LINES NEAR TOP OF THE SCREEN

 
TV TECH INFO NEEDED. Can you advise me on this?
 
There is a thin red, white and blue horizontal line across the top of my Electrohome 27E510 TV screen. At times, there is also a faint white "grid" above the lines.
 
The effect above the line is ghostly distortions, like reflections.
 
At times I can see shapes and lettering in that space at the top of the screen, but I cannot identify the words. It is not "captioning". In a way it looks like another channel is cutting in.
 
Moving the rabbit ears doesn't change it. It is on all channels.
 
I tried fine tuning and the captions settings which I never use.
 
I have tried every button on my remotes for the TV and for the converter box.
 
I have tried changing everything in the menus. Nothing changes.
 
This started just a few of days ago for no apparent reason.
 
If you know the solution, please post a comment here or write to me - Phyllis Mass Carter - on Facebook.
 
Thank you,
 
Phyllis Carter
 

No comments: