Monday, December 14, 2015

QUEBEC SEPARATISTS CONTINUE TO DEMAND IGNORANCE AND ISOLATION


Thanks for the 7 language laws QC Nationalist politicians, killing an entire minority school system by state sanctioned discrimination is so nice...and of course septards here scream of 'le genocide culturel' when it's our institutions that are crumbling right before our eyes. I'm guessing the lady at the Bay who didn't want to speak in French, or the actions of some bigoted executives, was worth all the language police and bullying from Political élite of our belle province. 250 thousand students cut down to 90 approximately over the past generation. Really good job PQ, PLQ et CAQ, Bravo
Announcements are expected to be made on school mergers and closings at a Lester B. Pearson School Board meeting Monday evening.
MONTREAL.CTVNEWS.CA
Comments
Victoria Roldan - The ones who are really paying the price of these laws are the french speaking quebequers who cannot send their kids to English school, unless they have big money for a private



Phyllis Carter - I battled this battle for decades. When I was a teenager, I applied for a job taking orders for Eaton's department store. I was refused because I could not think of the French word for "kettle.". Through the years I told people at all sorts of meetings that it would be the French speaking young people who would lose out because the English students had to start learning French in Grade 3 in the English Protestant School system. English-speaking people would learn French and be - at least - bilingual (some of us spoke at least one more language at home) while French students would be unilingual and deaf and mute to most of the world. At a convention of the Quebec Liberal Party at the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, the printed agenda provided for workshops on the question of English education. We delegates and sub-delegates from the West Island including Frank Quinn, Winnifred Potter and Mr. Agnew, (a school commissioner ) participated in the workshops. At the plenary session the secretary kept postponing discussion on that workshop. Two Liberal members of Quebec Parliament assured me that the subject of Quebec education would be brought up before the session ended. One was Bill Tetley, but I can't remember who the other was. But the secretary cut the convention short and sent everyone home before we could present our findings. She stated before the assembly that her child would learn English "over her dead body". I tore up my party membership card. I learned later that the party whips took away the recordings from reporters and unplugged the CBC TV camera, but Stephen Phyzicky of the CBC outsmarted them. His camera was on battery and I was seen from coast to coast tearing up my card. Winnifred Potter cried at the microphone and I think Mr. Agnew did too. This goes back to the 1960's.

No comments: