Thursday, June 26, 2014

THAT OLD TIME RELIGION'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME - WHY IS GOD SILENT?

 
 
For all who choose to limit themselves to the religions written centuries ago, I respect your choice, as long as you do no harm.
 
I do not, however, respect anyone who tries to intimidate people who are not satisfied with limiting God to books written by men or buildings built by men.
 
My belief is that The Creator is much greater than human beings can imagine.
 
The old books say God spoke to Moses, and He spoke to the Prophets and He spoke to Jesus, and He spoke to Mohammed.
 
And then God shut up.
 
Why?
 
If God spoke to them, why would He not speak to anyone else?
 
Did God get laryngitis after he spoke to Mohammed?
 
And why do millions of people choose to believe and obey human beings who say that THEY speak for God?
 
No human being can tell me what I should believe. I look out to the stars and search for information to help me know more about The Creator.
 
I believe we are all sparks from the Main Source, and each of us has some particular function and reason for being.
 
I believe we are all part of The Great Puzzle of the Universes, and we must be different from each other in some ways or we could not possibly fit together.
 
Anyway, I think. Therefore - I am.
 
 
Phyllis Carter
 
 

No comments: