Sunday, February 12, 2012

THE LAW IS AN ASS - HOW CAN I BREAK THE LAW AND BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR HELP ?

 
 
" THE LAW IS AN ASS "
 
 
THE PEOPLE HAVE TO ACT
 
It is clear that crime victims in Montreal, Quebec, Canada cannot depend on police, politicians, lawyers or even judges to protect our rights.
 
The Montreal Police have told me that crime victims have no rights. Only "the accused" have rights. Criminals have rights. Crime victims do not.
 
Everyone tells me that a crime victim has to hire a lawyer. In other words, you have to go to civil court and you have to be a rich crime victim to pay for it. That becomes even more problematic when everything that belongs to you has been stolen.
 
Furthermore, even if you could hire a lawyer and go to civil court and live long enough for the case to be heard and judged, you could only get money from the criminals who, in this case, have stolen everything of value from me and from my family - all our jewellery, my parents' home and all of my fathers life's savings.
 
You could not recover your most precious personal belongings or the many years stolen from your family, or your reputation - or your health. It will not cure my cancer brought on by these years of anguish.
 
You could not bring your parents back from the dead and prove to them what the thief did so they would understand what really happened before returning to their graves.
 
If you are not in love with money, but only with justice, civil court is useless.
 
In order to obtain the protection and benefits of Canadian law,
we must break the law.
 
At least then we become entitled to all the rights and perks of criminals.
 
Unfortunately, I cannot think of any way I could break the law without harming anyone. Even shattering someone's store window would risk someone being hurt. It would be noisy and messy and very upsetting. And innocent victims would be harmed. And then Dawn McSweeney and her "partners in crime" would have real ammunition to accuse me - once again - of being insane and dangerous. Catch 22.
 
So I'm thinking about it. When you have fought for justice peacefully and politely day and night for fifteen years and justice is still being denied, you have to consider alternate plans. 
 
Remember, I am 75 years old and a cancer patient, so I can't do anything really dramatic. But I'm thinking about it.
 
Any suggestions ?
 
 
Phyllis Carter
 

No comments: