Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT - ASK THE VICTIMS - CLIFFORD OLSON VICTIM SPEAKS

 
Brigitte S Kozma
 
"HE KILLED MY WHOLE FAMILY WHEN HE KILLED MY SISTER."
 
 
Brigitte Kosma's personal experience:
 
 
by Brigitte S Kozma on Friday, March 12, 2010 at 3:26pm

REVISED REPORT - Grammar and spelling - Phyllis Carter

You are right. I am very upset and it is late, and I am very emotional. My family all lives in BC and they never got any help from Mr. Stockwell Day or anyone.

It's weird. Today I got my sister's coroner's report in the mail from my father. It says that, as of the date of the report they don't know what really happened to her. I believe they covered up the truth. Only at Clifford Olson's 15 year trial that was in Surry, BC, the RCMP had no choice but to tell us what happened to the children.

It was a nightmare that day. A four week trial lasted four days because Olson was talking so much and they brought it to an end in secret, When Olson was in Saskatoon prison, the warden let Olson tape two hour videos in a room detailing what he did to each child and how.

His wonderful lawyer through Olson's many years of crime got him off. To this day, I don't know how the RCMP found out, but it was kept a secret from us until the trial because Olson told family members and the RCMP had no choice but to tell us that day.

We were asked if we wanted to view the tape and they took us into a room to inform us that they left out things from the coroner's report about what happened to the children so as not to hurt the families

For 15 years, we believed what a government document said - that my sister, Judy, was stabbed 19 times. But in that room, they started to tell us, the families, about these video tapes and how one girl didn't die on July 9th, but was kept alive for 24 hours - as they looked at my poor mother and my mother lost control and ran out of the room. That day was a shock to all of us and it ended there. We were told by the judge that if we ever spoke of this we would go to jail. He ordered a "gag order", I think it is called.

Olson was finally moved to a Montreal prison in Chomedey, Laval. While he was in the Saskatoon prison, he complained that he was sick and they took him to hospital back then. Lucky that they did because when they took the X-Ray, they found a handcuffs key in his body that only a guard could have given him. He was sending faxes to the victims' families and to the government. Things he shouldn't have been allowed to do.

As for the money, Olson's lawyer came up with the cash for a body deal (habeas corpus ? ) for Olson. Sadly, we as the family tried to fight to get it back but lost. Olson's wife helped him - not with the killing, but with the cover-up.

But nothing was done about that. You have to remember that the RCMP and the Vancouver Police didn't share information with each other and they didn't know how to deal with this. There was an RCMP named Darrel Kettle, if I remember correctly. He told them that he believed that it was Olson, but they didn't believe their own and Olson got to kill seven more children after that.

There's more to it, but I'm just giving you the highlights of the story. Oh, yes, back to the money. The government set up a trustee for the money, $100,000 dollars - all in secret. By the way, and if you look it up in the old feeds (files?), it was my family that went to the media to tell them what was going down.

The RCMP could not believe how something so top secret could be found out. Well, my brother happened to know the warden in BC where they were holding Olson, and the dealings were being done Believe me, my brother paid for this by the RCMP that we never spoke of.

There is so much the public doesn't know. There was a book written by the RCMP - I don't know why - perhaps to make themselves look good. This is one of those cases that, for whatever reasons, we may never know. We have some ideas - cover up, lies - and that's why I am afraid.

Two years ago, we went to Montreal for the parole hearing. It was Olson's 25th, so I really didn't see him since I fear him even though I knew he was behind bars.

The families that came all were given a seat but me and my sister. We were told we would have to watch from another room on a live feed TV that was set up and there was another room for the reporters.

I finally fought back and said, "no way", that I had every right to be in the room like the rest. You can have a support person with you that the government pays for - the tax payers pay for.

A parole hearing is coming up again this year. Olson was to have had it last year but he did something in prison that we weren't allowed to know the full details - just like now. But Olson opened up a My Space account and sent a letter out to members of the victims' families like he did before in the other prison ! Again ! How ? All this was arranged in prison. Only an "inside" person cold have helped him.

We think Stockwell Day, the member of Parliament was supposed to look into this and it was swept under the carpet again. We got a call with limited information about it. We were told that on March 25, 2010, between 9:25 A.M. and Midnight, Olson will be going on an outing with three guards. That's all.

But I pressed the woman on the phone because I was so upset. Then she told me that he was going for medical reasons somewhere north of Laval, Quebec.

What is upsetting me is that we, the family of the victim, have no right to know anything, or very little. We were asked to write an impact statement. It would go to Olson for his approval, and if he doesn't like what you write he will not let it be read and he can tell the judge or the parole board he wants this or that taken out. What about our feelings? Who is calling the shots ?

This animal is really smart ! He gets to say when and how. It's hard to believe, but it's true.

I want to be sure about where Olson is going and I need to know that we, the victims, will be safe, that he will always be handcuffed wherever he goes, that all security measures will be solid and reliable. Before the murders he was in Halifax and he escaped from the guards. Yes, he is 70 years old now, but this man is dangerous.

One more thing, the woman on the phone told me that they will have Olson in a cage. What is that? He must really be wild ! Maybe they do have concerns for our safety.

I know criminals have rights but he gets to be out of prison for a day and that is hurting me so much ! He killed my whole family when he killed my sister. My mother could have gotten help for her breast cancer but I believe she just wanted to go "home" (to die ) and be with her murdered daughter, Judy. My mother died, and that in itself, in another tragedy caused by Olson. I lost my whole life.

A case like this either brings a family closer together or it breaks them apart. That's what happened to us. For years, I tried to fight the system and I'm telling you, we can't win. We are nothing but puppets.

I will copy the crime record that came with the coroner's report. How could someone with so many crimes have been let out on the street ? In my heart, I believe that the justice system killed all those children.

Fast forward to 2010. How many people walk about and do crimes? Little has changed. My goodness ! They are letting sick people who are high risk go free.

I believe that there are many people who do care about what is going on, but sadly, nothing is being done to change the laws. There would have to be such an outcry from the public, from people calling into talk shows. Even when an innocent animal is killed nothing happens to the killers.

Canada's laws have to change, but how ? Do you know that Clifford Olson only got 1.5 years for killing my sister? That's because in Canada,. You can only be jailed up to 25 years to life. In his case, the judge added that he should never be let out ! But I don't trust this. Given is age, and if he is getting out for medical reasons ….. It is awful ! He took all those lives and we, the families of the victims don't even have the right to get information about him.

Brigitte Kozma Nordin
.................................
 
The personal expression of Brigitte Kozma Nordin, sister of Clifford Olson's 14 year old murder victim, Judy  Kozma  which I received today, March 22, 2010.
 
Brigitte Kozma Nordin writes:
 
I was on Tom's radio call in show today. I couldn't breathe. I cried so much. I just found out that Olson gets a pension in prison. I don't understand why he has that right as a Canadian. 
 
This is a nightmare from him, always reliving this pain that is so great. And an (expletive) who slaughtered my sister always gets everything. and what do I get? A life of pain, fear. This man has cost tax payers so much, yet he's well taken care of.
 
What do I get? A pension (compensation?) from a car accident in the amount of $568.00.
 
Life is hard and I am living a nightmare in pain !
 
You know, once Olson was stabbed in prison before he started his murders. He got $3500.00 from the Government for his pain and suffering.
 
When he wanted to take a course, the Nova Scotia Government paid for it. From the $100,000.00 blood money, he got to pay his bills off - i.e. his lawyer and God knows what else.
 
And now to find out that he has been getting an old age pension put into trust for him - and all the lies we were fed. But he has all the rights. That's what hurts me and makes me live in fear and pain. I relive this all the time, trying to deal with the mess he has made of my own life and the lives of my family.
 
Where is there any help ? What about my life ? Where are my rights?
 
Clifford Olson and this Government did this to us. Life is not easy, but he is well taken care of - and his son after Olson dies. And I am left with a lifetime of damage. It makes me so angry that we, the victims, have been treated like garbage by the Government, always, while Olson gets help, gets schooling, gets whatever he wants.
 
All we, the victims, get is lies and more lies.
 
Because my sister Judy died on July 9th, the Government ordered that the child benefit payment cheque for that period, in the amount of $26. be returned by my parents. Apparently there was a letter in the media about this and the Government told my parents that they didn't have to return the $26. cheque after all. And there is so much more we went through.
 
This kills me ! I wish I could just have a normal life, but Clifford Olson killed all that with the help of this heartless Government. I have to fight for everything. I have been traumatized for life.
 
Tell me this is right !
 
Brigitte Kozma Nordin
March 22,2010
................................
 
I wrote to Brigitte to let her know that Olson was dying.
 
Brigitte's response:
 
They called from the prison that he was going over to the prison hospital. He has been going out for the last year and a half. Now the families are waiting for that last call waiting to hear that he will soon be dead.
 
Today, all I can do is cry and I don't know why? Its on the news all day and radio maybe it's that.
 
All I know is even now they (the authorities) don't have the respect to the families because of the privacy act to tell us that he had cancer, but the media found out today and it's reporting that he may have days. Will it bring closure for me ? It will always be a life time of pain.
 
My mother died in January, 2010, with cancer breast lung and brain and she wasn't in the news. And she didn't get treatments, and what's more sad is - once again, he (Olson) will still benefit from that pension that's in his prison bank that's over 150.000 dollars.
 
Meantime the taxpayer housed him all these years. And I think the government should do the right thing here and give this to the families for the damage and pain and suffering we all went through.
 
My heart today is broken and I don't know why! I will always have (my sister) in my heart. but I can't explain it. I'm hurting that we really never got justice.
 
B.
 
I  wrote to B. saying I would publish her message without identifying her. Here is her answer.
 
I don't  care if you do. You can even send it to all the papers because I can't. I'm still crying. WHY IS THAT ? WHY?

With love B
 
.................................
Clifford Olson
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
Clifford Robert Olson, Jr (born January 1, 1940 in Vancouver, British Columbia) is a convicted Canadian serial killer who confessed to murdering two children and nine youths in the early 1980s.[1]
 
Murders
On November 17, 1980, 12-year-old Christine Weller of Surrey, British Columbia was abducted.[2] She was found on Christmas Day, strangled with a belt and stabbed repeatedly. On April 16, 1981, Colleen Marian Daignault, 13, vanished. It was five months before her body was found. By then, Daryn Todd Johnsrude, 16, had also been abducted and killed; 16-year-old Sandra Wolfsteiner was murdered on May 19 and 13-year-old Ada Court in April.

Six victims followed in quick succession in July 1981. Simon Partington, 9, was abducted, raped and strangled on the second day of the month. Judy Kozma, a 14-year old from New Westminster, was raped and strangled a week later. Her body was discovered on July 25 near Weaver Lake.[3] The next victims were: Raymond King Jr., 15, abducted on July 23, raped and bludgeoned to death; Sigrun Arnd, an 18-year old German tourist, raped and bludgeoned the following day; Terri Lyn Carson, 15, raped and strangled; Louise Chartrand, age 17, the last victim identified, died on July 30.

Olson was an atypical serial killer in that he targeted both boys and girls. His victims were also of various ages.
 

No comments: