Wednesday, August 6, 2014

IT IS A GIFT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE

 
FACEBOOK 
August 6, 2014
 
 
 
A rational person knows that you can only use just so much money. How many cars can you drive? How many homes can you live in? How many martinis can you drink? How many designer fashions can you wear? It gets disgusting if you allow yourself to face the fact that children all over the world are starving to death.
 
Once you have everything you need for the comfort and pleasure of your family and others you love, it should give you the greatest joy to be able to help others.
 
When I was widowed, unemployed, sick with cancer, homeless, a crime victim, the thing that bothered me a lot was the fact that I had nothing to give to anyone else. I couldn't even afford a Hallmark card if I wanted to have money for a cheese sandwich.
 
It is a blessing and a gift to be able to GIVE.
 
Anna Mary  >  Ms. Phyllis Carter, I agree 100%. You have stated this perfectly. It needs to be read by more people, so I'll post it for my status, too, and tag you.
 
One of the MOST difficult things about not having the essentials yourself is not being able to give to others. You have really said something here that I think about on a daily basis.
 
What's kind of funny is that just this week I gave up drying my laundry so I could use the quarters saved to buy a birthday card.
 

No comments: