Tuesday, February 18, 2014

PAULINE MAROIS' QUEBEC GOVERNMENT STOPS FUNDING VITAL CANCER MEDICATION

 
 
I had a shock today when I phoned my pharmacy to renew my prescription for Xeloda.
 
These pills have been improving my cancer tests steadily for months. It has brought hope when I felt I was heading for the end. It is truly a miracle drug.
 
The Xeloda pills replaced the painful, sickening chemo treatments and my tests started showing amazing improvement. I never knew I had hope. 
 
Now my pharmacist tells me the Government of Quebec will no longer pay for Xeloda. Only the very rich can now afford this life-saving medication. The lives of cancer patients who are not wealthy are in the hands of Pauline Marois and her supporters.
 
The good news is that the Government of Quebec will now fund a generic version of Xeloda. My pharmacist tells me these pills are the same as Xeloda. I hope and pray they are the same, because my life depends on it. The lives of all Quebec Xeloda patients who are not wealthy will depend on the generic version.
 
While Pauline Marois enjoys the comfort of the hearth in her mansion, she denies cancer patients life-saving medication. And she makes her move in the dead of bitter winter, certain that the sick cannot go out into the streets to protest now. No doubt she hopes we will forget by springtime - or be dead and silent.
 
If it turns out that the generic pills should fail and my condition deteriorates, you will all know who is to blame. It is a matter of life or death. Never forget who is responsible.
 
 

1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...

NEXIUM ALSO CUT OFF BY MAROIS
A friend writes: Ok tell me what to do about this dreadful new development to help you get the very medication that has given you such great results. Pauline Marois has also taken away my Nexium that controlled my painful acid reflux so well and the generic medication is not as good, but that is for reflux not CANCER!

C.

My Answer - There is no way I will be able to get my cancer medication, Xeloda. I am not wealthy and I have no insurance. I do not have any means to challenge the government on this awful decision, except to make thousands of people aware of what Pauline Marois is doing to cancer patients and other sick and elderly people who are being cut off from access to their essential medication and treatments by the Marois government.The only real weapon we have is the truth. "Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere."

Phyllis