Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I AM NOT ELIGIBLE FOR JUSTICE - QUEBEC HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION

***************************************
 
I was attacked in my home and robbed by Dawn McSweeney on October 7, 1996. Since that day, I have been pleading for justice day and night.
 
 
Phyllis Carter
 
To Anne-Marie Laurin,
Quebec Human Rights Commission
 
Mme. Laurin,
 
You say my claim for justice comes too late: Once again our injustice system spits in my face. I started begging for justice in this case the moment I called 911 on October 7, 1996.
 
I have been pleading for justice in this case day and night for thirteen years.
 
Since October 7, 1996 everyone in authority has told me I am not eligible for justice. There is always a reason, an excuse. It is always, "Be patient" " Then, "It is not in our jurisdiction:" "Get a lawyer" "We are not responsible" "No one did anything wrong."
 
If I were rich and could have hired expensive lawyers, this case would have been dealt with years ago. But because I was never rich - but not eligible for legal aid - I must continue fighting on alone.
 
I will die fighting this injustice system. I will never stop fighting all of you who tell me why I am not eligible for justice.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
In a message dated 12/05/2010 8:59:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Anne-Marie.Laurin@cdpdj.qc.ca writes:
Dear Ms Carter,

I was on vacation for the last 3 weeks, so unable to contact you after
you send me your first Email of April 26.

I have carrefully read your sad story and realised the ordeal you are
living since 1996.

Unfortunately, all these events occured a long time ago, much over the
3 years  prescription to file a complaint at the Human Right's
Commission.

I realised the difficulty you had to obtain justice, but I can only
suggest for you to persist to find a lawyer who can indicate  the most
appropriate steps for you to take.
 
Yours truly,

Anne Marie Laurin
Technicienne à l'accueil et à l'évaluation
Direction de la protection et de la défense des droits
CDPDJ
360, rue St-Jacques O., 2e étage
Montréal (Québec)  H2Y 1P5
Tél.: (514) 873-5146, poste 334 
ou 1-800-361-6477
Fax: (514) 873-6032
Courrier électronique:
anne-marie.laurin@cdpdj.qc.ca

No comments: