Thursday, October 16, 2014

NOVA SCOTIA MLA, ALLAN MACMASTER, PLEADS FOR VICTIMS' RIGHTS

 

As horrible as it is, sexual abuse is not the only kind of abuse that can destroy lives. My family was torn apart and destroyed by a thief, Dawn McSweeney, aided and abetted by the Montreal Police.

When you are attacked and robbed, you would expect the police to help you. In my case, when I was being attacked and I managed to call 911, Montreal Police came and helped the THIEF. 

My aged parents and my siblings and I were betrayed from all sides. Because of the actions of the Montreal Police, no one would help me.

These crimes destroyed my family and my health. I have been fighting for justice night and day since the day of the attack, October 7, 1996. My immune system was severely compromised by the endless stress.

I am battling cancer while I continue to fight for justice.

Phyllis Carter,

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Marlene Jennings, Canadian Member of Parliament and Quebec Deputy Police Ethics Commissioner stated at two public meetings in Montreal -

"Mrs. Carter's rights were violated three times."

See report below.


Inverness MLA Allan MacMaster, left, at the House in 2011, gave an impassioned speech on Thursday about the struggles victims of sexual abuse face and the need to provide supports. (TED PRITCHARD / Staff / File)
Inverness MLA Allan MacMaster, left, at the House in 2011, gave an impassioned speech on Thursday about the struggles victims of sexual abuse face and the need to provide supports. (TED PRITCHARD / Staff / File)
 

Allan MacMaster thought of a lost soul on Thursday and wept.

The Tory MLA for Inverness delivered a powerful speech in the Nova Scotia legislature about the struggles victims of sexual abuse face and the need to provide all the supports possible for people as they try to reclaim their lives.

Being a survivor requires great courage, MacMaster told the legislature, and it is important those who are abused know that they are good people. He named several survivors who asked him to do so.

"Let us give hope to those suffering in silence," MacMaster said.

"Sexual abuse is not a car accident we can look away from because we don't like what we see. We must acknowledge it and we must stop it from happening."

He touched on several matters from Port Hawkesbury involving allegations of abuse through the years, including the local youth band from the 1970s, as well as former businessman Ernest Fenwick MacIntosh. MacIntosh was found guilty on 18 counts of gross indecency and indecent assault after two Nova Scotia Supreme Court trials in 2010, but the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal set aside those convictions.

"Sexual predators go after children and young people to build themselves up to address their own inadequacies," MacMaster said in the House of Assembly in Halifax. "And what do we get in return? At least 15 dead in Inverness County from suicide. Maybe I shouldn't be talking about it, but I say it because it is real. That happened because we could have done more to help those people, we could have done more to protect them."

Using his parliamentary privilege, MacMaster had particularly pointed comments about MacIntosh.

"Fenwick MacIntosh is a psychopath who walks free because our justice system failed to put him in jail for sexually abusing hundreds of boys. This dark soul is now travelling poor countries under the guise of a spice company, once again preying upon the innocent and unsuspecting."

Speaking to reporters later, MacMaster said he started thinking last summer about making the speech after talking to an abuse victim about ways to acknowledge the bravery of people who come forward.

"Unfortunately, the justice system wasn't able to do what it could have to put some predators in jail, and I thought, if anything, what we could do is send a message to anybody who has been sexually abused that we care in this legislature and tell them that they are people that should be proud of surviving what they survived and that we stand with them."

On hand for MacMaster's speech was Robert Martin. He said he was abused by MacIntosh and also while a member of the youth band. He applied to the court to have a publication ban on his name lifted. Until now, he has always been referred to in the press by his initials.

"I want the other victims to know that there's a face that belongs to R.M., and I have friends and family, and I'm here if people want to chat about it," he said.

"I don't mind coming out. If I can help other victims, here I am."

Martin said he knows more than a hundred boys who allege they were abused. Most people left the community rather than sticking around, he said. Some are dead. The process of talking with others and sharing stories has provided some comfort, said Martin.

After talking to someone else who said he was abused while in the band, Martin wrote to the school board last summer asking that a tribute to the group be removed from the local school. It was gone within days, he said.

He is sharing these stories so people who are abused know it isn't their fault and it's OK to discuss.

"We want the silence broken and it to be healthy to talk about it."

Martin said he worries that some people may see his situation and not come forward for fear that it won't change anything. He first went to the police when he was 39. Today, he's 57.

What Martin is doing takes great courage, said MacMaster. He said Martin is leading the way by example. It was while talking about the impact abuse has on communities that MacMaster was overcome with emotion.

"I think of one guy that I used to play hockey with that is no longer with us. I didn't know, but I can only imagine what he went through. And nobody knew. And I think we owe it to those people to talk about this so that maybe we can do things so we can stop it from happening."

He said he would like to see a centre established in Nova Scotia, similar to one set up by former NHL player Sheldon Kennedy in Calgary, that co-ordinates services for people who have been sexually abused. Such sites have all of the necessary services under one roof and also prevent victims from having to retell their stories multiple times as they deal with various agencies, said MacMaster.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1244319-mla-allan-macmaster-gives-heartfelt-speech-for-abuse-victims

 
My name is Phyllis Carter. I am a 78 year old Canadian journalist, a widow and cancer patient and - thanks to the Montreal Police - I am also a crime victim. I have been fighting for justice since October 7, 1996, when I was attacked in my home and robbed of everything I had worked for all my life and everything left to me by my beloved husband.
 
While I was holding off my attacker, I managed to call 911.
 
The Montreal Police I called to rescue me - helped the thief instead.
 
I told the police immediately who had robbed me but - for 19 years now ! - I have not been able to get the Montreal Police to take any action to recover my stolen belongings from Dawn McSweeney, the person who robbed me, or to take any legal action against her and her accomplices.
 
At the Meet the Candidates assembly in NDG on October 7, 2008, former Liberal Member of Parliament, and Quebec Deputy Police Ethics Commissioner, Marlene Jennings, stated before all the candidates and the public -
 
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarleneJennings.jpg
 
Marlene Jennings,
Member of Canada's Parliament
and
Quebec's Deputy Police Ethics Commissioner 
 
"Mrs. Carter's Rights Were Violated Three Times"
 
The three violations.
 
1. In 1996, the Montreal Police refused to file a report of the initial robbery. They have continued to refuse to act ever since.
 
2. In 2007, immediately following the death of my mother, the same group of criminals obtained a court order accusing me of being insane and dangerous. I was released from hospital unconditionally as soon as the doctors found out what my accusers had done and why.
 
After my mother's death, we learned that -
 
3. In 2005, the same group who call themselves "Partners in Crime" created a will in my mother's name when she was 92 years old and handicapped physically and mentally. My mother had been kept in total isolation by these criminals for a decade - until her death.
 
The sole beneficiaries of the 2005 will were the same people who robbed me and obtained the court order against me. Then it became clear why these criminals tried to discredit me and silence me.
 
Marlene Jennings later repeated her statement at a Sunday service in Rosedale United Church in Montreal.
 
But, to this day, the Montreal Police refuse to take any action against Dawn McSweeney and those she calls her "partners in crime" on her own blog.
 
I believe there can be only one logical explanation for why the Montreal Police refuse to act against the criminals in this case:
 
One of their own officers helped Dawn McSweeney to rob me - and his partner, who my attacker called "Mario" in a very familiar way - did nothing to help me.
 
Read all the details of Dawn McSweeney's known crimes at http://dawnmcsweeney.blogspot.com

$5,000. REWARD
 
 
 
All the details are open to the world at -
 
 
October 17, 2014
More than 166,000 people around the world
have read these reports, 
But there is still
No justice for
VICTIMS OF THE MONTREAL POLICE.

This Criminal Case Will Not Go Away
Until Justice is done.
 

No comments: