Thursday, August 15, 2013

TYRANTS USE GOD'S NAME TO COVER THEIR CRIMES - GODT MIT UNZ

 
Decades ago, I knew a Montreal artist whose father had been in a Nazi camp in  Germany. She told me she visited her father at the camp often.
 
As she spoke to him secretly from the other side of a chain link fence, she saw the buckles on the belts of  the Nazi soldiers. The words on those buckles read, "Godt Mit Unz." God is with us.
 
Now the Islamists are singing that same song. God is with us, they scream.
 
Ask God, not men, who He is supporting. All villains say God is on their side. It gives them a powerful excuse for their crimes and it fools fools into obedience and compliance.
 
But I have not heard God's opinion. I only hear my own conscience and common sense and I figure the Creator gave me a brain to use for truth and good, not to follow the dictates of tyrants - regardless of how they disguise themselves - or how they try to strike fear into the hearts of the weak and ignorant to make them obey.
 
The Anglican priest who baptized me many years ago once ordered me to "conform". It was the worst thing he could have done. I left his church. I am a person, not a slave to anyone.
 
 

No comments: