Monday, July 15, 2013

FANATICS BLAME ALLAH FOR THEIR VICIOUS ACTS

 
Gul Meena's brother thought he had killed her but surgeons were able to save her life
 
A 17-year-old girl whose brother tried to murder her in an 'honour killing' said she wishes she had died after surviving an axe attack, disowned by her family for escaping a forced marriage.
 
At the age of 12, Gul Meena was married off to a 60-year-old man instead of being sent to school in Pakistan.
 
Every day he would hit her. She would beg him to stop but he carried on, ignoring her tears.
 
Gul Meena shows the scars left by her brother after he struck her 15 times with an axe, trying to carry out an 'honour killing'
 
Gul has been taken in by a women's shelter in Afghanistan, where she arrived unable to feed herself
 
'My family would hit me when I complained,' she told CNN. 'They told me you belong in your husband's house - that is your life.'
 
In November last year, Gul packed a bag and ran away from her husband with a young Afghan man.
 
'I'd tried to kill myself with poison several times but it didn't work,' she said. 'I hated my life and I had to escape.
 
'When I ran away I knew it would be dangerous. I knew my husband and family would be looking for me but I never thought this would happen. I thought my future would be bright.'
 
After five years of marriage she escaped to Jalalabad in Afghanistan.
But within days, her brother had found the couple.
 
He hacked her boyfriend to death with an axe, and hit her 15 times with the weapon.
 
 

No comments: