Wednesday, March 27, 2013

THE PUTREFICATION OF COMMUNICATION

 
They seemed like friendly people. I encountered the woman and her young adult son as I was waiting to see a doctor at the Jewish General Hospital yesterday. The woman spoke politely and the son moved a laundry basket out of my way so I could pass with my wheelchair.
 
I was assigned a small examining room and the couple had the one directly across the small aisle. The doors of both rooms were open. There was no way to avoid hearing their conversation.
 
They were planning to attend a Passover seder - a special dinner accompanied by the retelling of the biblical story of the escape of the Jewish people from Egypt led by Moses. 
 
And every sentence out of the mouths of the well-groomed mother and her helpful son included references to fornication and defecation.
 
I slammed my door. Do you?
 

No comments: