Saturday, February 12, 2011

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION

 
 
The following is an excerpt from my comments on Brian Greene's page on Facebook on February 12, 2011.
 
In my simplistic way of seeing reality, everything is One. I believe there was once "nothing". Don't expect me to explain "nothing." I believe that everything is part of the original One and we are all part of the original One. I do not see "God" in a white beard sitting on a distant cloud writing in a book. I see the Originator as everything, everywhere, always, and everything as part of the Originator.
 
I believe that the Original or Creator encompasses all that is and all that ever was, that "He" (for want of an alternative term) is all-knowing, all-powerful, omniscient and omnipotent.
 
What I do not know, cannot know and cannot imagine is - in all of creation - from the outermost darkness to the innermost particles - do we matter - as individuals? Are we of anymore value in the total picture than a virus or an amoeba or cockroach? In all the immensity of everything, are we just particles - like cells in the body of God or somehow, is it possible that when we, in desperation pray, the omnipresent Creator cares?
 
Don't bother telling me that this is religion or philosophy and not relevant to a deep discussion on a scientific principle too complex for my simple mind. Either "God" is everywhere and all is one - or nothing makes sense or has any purpose. In which case, why bother stressing the amazing, complex brains given to you by - "nothing"?

No comments: