Thursday, July 13, 2017

WHAT IS A "SECURITY GUARD"? - JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL, MONTREAL


What are "security guards"? Men and women in uniforms employed to protect people and property. 
But what if the "security guards" assigned to protect you are the ones who injure you?

I was in the lobby of the Jewish General Hospital on July 11, 2017.  I had an appointment at the dental clinic. But I have bone cancer and I can only walk a little. I need a porter to take me through the long halls to appointments in a wheelchair. I got a wheelchair at the entrance and I went to the security desk to use the phone to call for a porter. 

I stood leaning on the handles of the wheelchair to reach the phone. I dialed. I was waiting for a response when a security guard suddenly came up from behind me and pushed my wheelchair out of my reach leaving me flat on my bum on the floor. 

He said, "The chair is in the way".  

In the way of what? Certainly not blocking any entrance or access to anything. 

He left me on the floor and immediately went about his business behind the desk. 

I was not too surprised about that. I had an even worse experience with another security guard at the Jewish General Hospital years ago – and he is still employed there.**

See –  *HOW YOU MIGHT DIE IN THE JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL – THE LEGARE LOBBY BLUES.

I crawled on the floor and turned over on my hands and knees like a baby to try to stand up. I was able to lift myself up using all my stubborn strength and both hands hard on the corner of the counter.

No use to complain. I have learned from sad experience at the Jewish General Hospital that Rosemary Steinberg who is supposed to be the "Patients' Ombudsman" is, in fact, an apologist for the corporation. I have seen her trying to silence other patients and their families in the past.*** 

The only way to deal with abuses at the Jewish General Hospital is to let the public know that if they are treated badly, they are not alone - although you will be told that YOU are the only one who ever complains.

http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.ca/2017/05/complaints-jewish-general-hospital.html

http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.ca/2011/10/haunted-by-painful-memories-of_1031.html