Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WHAT IS A MENSCH? JOE BIDEN


Joe Biden: World's Best Boss? It's very easy to see why the outgoing Vice President would earn that title, given the kinds of memos he sends out to staff, including one from 2014 that is suddenly gaining a lot of attention.
smile laughing laugh joe biden
Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor of California, posted the letter on his Facebook page, stating it is from this month's Esquire. In the letter, Biden states his position on employees taking time off for their families — and in true Biden fashion, it is completely heart-warming.
"To my Wonderful Staff," the letter begins,
"I would like to take a moment and make something clear to everyone. I do not expect nor do I want any of you to miss or sacrifice important family obligations for work. Family obligations include but are not limited to family birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, any religious ceremonies such as first communions and bar mitzvahs, graduations, and times of need such as illness or a loss in the family. This is very important to me. In fact, I will go so far as to say that if I find out that you are working with me while missing important family responsibilities, it will disappoint me greatly. This has been an unwritten rule since my days in the senate.
Thank you all for the hard work."
Election 2016 dnc democratic national convention dnc 2016 joe biden

No comments: