Saturday, March 12, 2011

SEEKING FRIENDS IN SENDAI, JAPAN - NOZOMI CHIBA AND SHINYA


Nozomi Chiba and Shinya,
Rune and Moyu


The disaster in Japan has hit very close to my heart. I have dear friends who live in Sendai, Nozomi Chiba and her husband, Shinya, and their two little girls, Rune and Moyu.

Nozomi was one of my students here in Montreal and a fellow member of St. Thomas' Church - circa 2003 - before returning to Sendai to be married.

The last phone number I have for her is dated January, 2007. When I dial that number, I get an operator's recorded message saying the number is not valid.

I have sent messages to the Embassy of Japan in Ottawa and to the Red Cross.
I called Foreign Affairs - 1-800-387-3124. I was advised to write to
sos@international.gc.ca. I did that.

I am still waiting to hear from anyone who can let me know they are safe.

I believe Nozomi's mother was a co-founder of a hospital in Sendai circa 2003.

Nozomi and her family live in Aoba - Ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan.

The whole world is watching and waiting and praying.

The Japan Times reported today, "THE EARTH SHIFTED ON ITS AXIS"

There are no words.

No comments: