Saturday, July 16, 2011

TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM - AND FIGHT FOR IT WITHOUT CEASING

 
 
 
 
Ominous ? Powerful ?
Friend ? Foe ? Stranger ?
 
Let no one and nothing deter you
From doing what you know is right !
 
 
 
 
To dream the impossible dream,
To fight the unbeatable foe,
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go;
To right the unrightable wrong.

To love, pure and chaste, from afar,
To try, when your arms are too weary,
To reach the unreachable star!

This is my quest to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far,
To fight for the right,
Without question or pause,
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause!

And I know, if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest.

And the world will be better for this,
That one woman, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strives with her last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable star!
 
 
DON QUIXOTE.HAND COLOUR FRONTIS WITH IDYLLS OF THE KING
 
 

No comments: