Wednesday, May 23, 2018

THE QUEBEC GOVERNMENT IS KILLING CANCER PATIENTS


WHEN A CANCER PATIENT DIES, IT SEEMS THE QUEBEC GOVERNMENT TREATS THAT DEATH AS A STATISTIC.

CANCER PATIENTS ARE NOT STATISTICS. THAT CORPSE WAS SOMEONE'S MOTHER, FATHER, HUSBAND, WIFE, SISTER OR BROTHER - A PERSON WHO MATTERED. BUT THE QUEBEC GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CARE.

Why am I making such a dramatic statement?

Because the Quebec Government has been cutting the budgets for cancer care to hospitals. I know it has been cutting the budget at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal and I know cancer patients are dying because of delays caused by the budget cuts.

How do I know?

I am a cancer patient fighting for my life. While I wait for my treatments, I listen. I listen in the waiting rooms. I listen in the lobbies. I listen in the hallways. I listen to doctors and nurses and technicians and secretaries and volunteers and porters and orderlies and patients. I gather the information from many sources. If I am mistaken, I would be delighted. Tell me I am wrong. Tell me that an estimated 2000 patients didn't die about a year ago due to delays caused by Quebec's budget cuts.

Now I have learned that three oncologists at the Jewish General Hospital are absent due to serious illness. No one knows if or when any of them will return to work. This is not a short term problem. That means that the remaining oncologists - already overloaded by the enormous demand by so many cancer patients - are now carrying the additional load of the patients missing the three absent oncologists. The remaining doctors are overwhelmed by the burden. They are exhausted. They know lives depend on them, but they are just human themselves. They are suffering - physically worn, emotionally tormented by the gravity of their responsibility for the life of each individual, each patient, each person begging to live.

Why is this happening in one of the best hospitals in Canada?

There are several oncologists who want to come to serve at the JGH. There are highly qualified Canadian oncologists as well as highly qualified oncologists from other countries. They are eager to come to help. So what's the problem?

THE QUEBEC GOVERNMENT WILL NOT ALLOW THE JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL TO HIRE ANYONE. 

SOMEONE, PLEASE ASK THE QUEBEC GOVERNMENT WHY THEY ARE KILLING CANCER PATIENTS. WE WANT TO LIVE.



1 comment:

Phyllis Carter said...

http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.ca/2018/05/quebec-politicians-cost-lives.html