Saturday, January 27, 2018

JEWISH GENERAL HOSPITAL - GIVE ME A BRAKE!


I have a fat lip. I didn't always have a fat lip, but I have one now because, yesterday, at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal, the wheelchair slipped out from under me as I stood up and my body went flying onto my walker. My head hit the corner of the wall by the reception desk and my face hit the floor.

WHY?

Because the wheelchair brakes were rusted and they did not work. 

In fact, many - if not most - of the wheelchairs provided for the patients at the Jewish General Hospital are damaged. Brakes don't work, parts are missing leaving steel ends protruding, seats are torn, foot rests swivel outward where nobody has feet.

WHY?

I blame management. I have bone cancer. You are lucky my teeth were not broken or my bones. The fall was severe and it could have cost me my life.

THERE WERE MANY WITNESSES WHO RUSHED TO HELP.

You are lucky money doesn't interest me and I will not sue you for negligence and endangering the lives of the patients.

Do not bother sending me one of your pretty letters of apology, denying your responsibility. I know you. I know your games. I am not impressed.

The next time someone is injured due to your negligence, they can count on my support if they take appropriate action.


Phyllis Carter

No comments: