Saturday, January 15, 2011

NOT SILENCED BY GLOBAL TELEVISION

 
I received a message on January 14, 2011 from Global Television (see below) asking me to stop posting my comments on their Facebook pages because I provide the link to my blog, PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL.
 
But I insist on telling the truth - even though it is a very uncommon thing to do these days. The reader may want to check out THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUTH at http://phylliscartersjournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/truth-about-truth-it-isnt-easy_02.html
 
It is a struggle to tell the truth, a struggle for one voice crying out in the wilderness to be heard. When you do not own a media empire, when you have no money and do not want money, when all you want to do is ask for justice for ordinary people, it is a struggle.
 
But as long as there is the Internet, one small voice crying out for justice can still be heard - as long as there is even one person in the world who wants to read the truth about the plight of ordinary, powerless people.
 
There have always been people struggling to make truth known. Since Jeremiah and Daniel and Gandhi, there have always been people trying to tell the truth to people who have other agendas, people who do not want the truth to be known - people who do not want "competition" - even from a mere flea like me Those who hold power have always tried to silence little people who dare to speak truth. Yes, it is scary. But as long as you, the Reader, want to know the truth, I am not alone.
 
In spite of the fact that I have no money or power, somehow Global Television is bothered by what I write. But I have no commercial interests. I am not looking for money. Everything that I write is true and clean. All I write is stories about good people who should be noticed and remembered, and appeals for justice.
 
It is unjust for anyone - including great powerful corporations - to benefit from the ideas, experience, efforts and/or writing of any author without acknowledging or allowing the writer proper recognition and credit. Global Television - recently taken over by a corporation called Shaw - cannot justify using my "posts" while denying me the right to declare who I am.
 
I am just a tiny entity in the world, but as long as I am able to think and write, I will continue to fight for justice and I will publish the truth for anyone in the free world to read. And part of the whole truth is that I am the author of PHYLLIS CARTER'S JOURNAL.
 
I am fighting for my rights. I am fighting for your rights.
 
Justice means justice for everyone, including thinkers and writers and those who persevere against all opposition and persistently use peaceful means to fight for justice.
 
Phyllis Carter
 
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.
 
In an unjust society, only the oppressed are innocent.
John Dominic Crossan
 
A people that wants to be free must arm itself with a free press.
George Seldes
 
 
January 14 at 6:02pm
 
Hi Phyllis,

Several of our producers have noticed your numerous posts on our Facebook pages, particularly Global National and Global Montreal. While we always appreciate comments from you and the rest of our viewers, you have seized the opportunity to use our Facebook walls to promote your journal.

We are now asking you to cease and desist this practice. While we value your comments, and freedom of expression and freedom of speech as a whole, posting links to your blog is not permitted.

Please respect our wishes.

Sincerely,
Herman Chau
Online News Producer
Global National with Dawna Friesen
 
 
January 14 at 8:49pm
 
Hi Herman,

I have deleted Global National from my Facebook pages and I will search my computer for any other reference to Global National and delete it. If by chance anyone at Global National hears from me and is displeased, please advise and I will delete their address.

Sincerely,
Phyllis Carter

No comments: